But first- know who you are.
This is Part 15 in a series of articles about the “self”.
I hope you’ve asked yourself,
“Who am I and what am I doing here?”
- in this job.
- in this country
- in this relationship
- in this educational program
This is the beginning of self-knowledge.
Finding out who you are and what you want is not easy.
Whether you have established a connection between yourself and a “higher purpose” or meaningful life, you have doubtless thought about it.
Here are 16 quotations to help you explore the idea of living with greater purpose and passion. They are from Joe Wilner’s site Your Best Self.
1. “Musicians must make music, artists must paint, poets must write if they are to ultimately be at peace with themselves. What human beings can be, they must be.” – Abraham Maslow
The admonition to “Be yourself” is useless advice unless you know yourself.
2. “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” – Proverbs 29:18
No vision means no goals. No goals means you don’t know what you are good at and what you would love to do. That means no self-knowledge.
3. “This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night of the day, thou canst not be false to any man.” – William Shakespeare
What do you want? What should you do? True to yourself? How can you do that when you don’t know yourself. Find out at Self-Knowledge College
4. “Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were mean to do.” – Satchel Paige
Why are you here on earth? Do do what you love. But first you have to find that out and to do that you must know yourself.
5. “The two most important days in life are the day you born and the day you discover the reason why.” – Mark Twain
The next most important day is today–when you finally decide to figure out who you are and what you want.
If you want to know more about yourself and what you are doing (or “supposed” to be doing, or think you should be doing here while you are on earth) consider joining me at Self-Knowledge College.
I can help you figure this out in six -twelve weeks. (Your choice.)
IF YOU Are not a subscriber, you can begin by getting my eBook
It’s FREE here and will be on Amazon soon for around $3.
You can also get a FREE consultation with me on any problem that might be driving you nuts.
If you have a problem with time management, personal goals, choosing a career path, the inability to choose a life partner (maybe you consistently date the wrong people) or any other troublesome area, you can help solve it with self-knowledge and I can teach you how to do that.
For a 20 minute–FREE— introduction, please email me: frankdaley@ rogers.com or call me: 905-584-0617
I’ll be with you.
No, obligation, we’ll just talk.